“Grillin’ with My Grandchild,” a new program by Ohio State University Extension and Delaware County Extension, will have Delaware County grandfathers and their grandchildren grilling dinners together, creating an electronic memory book, and having a great time.
Dates for each of the three-session program series are as follows:
- Tuesday evenings, June 16, 23, 30 from 5 to 7 pm at Preservation Parks of Delaware County’s Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, July 29, 30, 31 from 5 to 7 pm at Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings, September 1, 2, 3 from 5 to 7 pm at SourcePoint, 800 Cheshire Road, Delaware
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday evenings, September 28, 29, 30 from 5 to 7 pm at SourcePoint, 800 Cheshire Road, Delaware
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday evenings, October 7, 8, 9, from 5 to 7 pm at Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware
The program is free, and is open to Delaware County grandfathers and one of their grandchildren, grades 5-12. Space in each series is limited to the first 10 grandfathers who register.
“This new program is not only informational but it’s designed to create some cherished and lasting memories for grandfathers and their grandchildren,” said Jim Bates, OSU professor and Field Specialist with OSU Extension, and director of the project.
“Grillin’ with my Grandchild” is being presented in collaboration with Preservation Parks of Delaware County, and with services funded in part by SourcePoint (formerly the Council for Older Adults). Those wishing to register should visit www.go.osu.edu/grilling. Contact Jim Bates at 614-688-1468 or email@example.com with any questions.